Cooking with Bacon Grease
Did you know that you can use your excess bacon grease for cooking?! Most people pour their excess grease into a tin can or glass jar and throw it away. Using the You Do It Suet® allows for easy storage of meat grease that you can then use to feed the birds or when cooking. There are many great ways to use bacon grease when cooking, see below for a few great ideas:
- Use bacon grease when cooking fresh veggies. Just place a dollop of bacon grease in a frying pan and toss with fresh veggies such as: broccoli, onions, carrots and peppers.
- Add a dollop of bacon grease to homemade soups for added flavor.
- Mix a dollop of bacon grease with cream cheese, simmer on the stove top to combine the two ingredients and use as a sauce for pasta.
- When cooking up fried or scrambled eggs in the morning, use bacon grease instead of butter.
- Top a piece of toast with a swipe of bacon grease.
- Spread bacon grease on pizza crust before adding toppings and baking.
Essentially, you can use a dollop of bacon grease anywhere you would be using oil or butter. It gives a nice salty flavor to any meal, and who doesn’t like bacon?!